Sunday, November 13, 2011

Vichy Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution




I learned about cleansing waters on The Beauty Look Book, where Sabrina reviewed Lancome's Eau Fraiche Doucer.  These waters claim to remove makeup and tone the skin without the need for a follow up cleanser.   You just dampen a cotton ball or pad with the product and wipe off your makeup.  Thinking it was a just a simple toner, I had been using YSL's Instant Pur cleansing and toning water for quite a while and loving it.  I got a generously sized bottle in a GWP, and after finishing it I bought a full-sized bottle.  I was disappointed when YSL changed the formula - it cleansed equally well, but had too much fragrance for my liking.  I was happy to try Lancome after Sabrina's review.  Since then I have also tried Dior Instant Cleansing Water and Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water.  They range from $35-39 for a 6.7oz bottle, Koh Gen Do is $39 for 10.15 oz. - all expensive to use as a daily cleanser to remove a full face of makeup including foundation, blush, and eye makeup.  So I has happy to find Vichy Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution at my local CVS drugstore for $16.

Vichy claims that

"face, eyes and lips are perfectly cleansed in one simple step. Even the most sensitive skin feels soothed. Ultra-effective: cleanses and removes makeup without rubbing." 

It removes makeup, including mascara, as it claims and has not caused break outs or redness.  It cleans as well as its more expensive competitors.  It does leave an ever so slight filmy feeling, but nothing like that left by cleansing cloths.  It comes in bottle of thinner plastic than the other cleansers and has pour spout rather than a pump, but that's a small sacrifice given the cost difference.  I know there are other cleansing waters in this price range but they are not locally available to me.  I love mail/Internet orders, but postage can be costly, and sometimes it's nice just to be able to pick up something at the drugstore. 

Ingredients include: WATER • HEXYLENE GLYCOL • POLOXAMER 184 • GLYCERIN • ROSA GALLICA EXTRACT/ROSA GALLICA FLOWER EXTRACT • DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE • DISODIUM EDTA • PANTHENOL • OLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANIDE • FRAGRANCE

Given my love for oil and milk cleansers, most of the time I still use Vichy Pureté in place of toner to remove the last vestiges of makeup including eye makeup rather than as my primary cleanser.    I do use it some mornings to clean my face and neck before applying makeup or on a day when I don't wear much makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...