Monday, June 26, 2006

Soleil Update

I'll probably get this done by the end of the month for Project Spectrum, but I think it's going to be too short. As you can see, the back is finished and the front left side is almost done. The right front is on waste yarn. I added a few rows at the bust line in an attempt to lengthen it, but should have added some at the waist and perhaps a couple of extra rows of the lace pattern at the bottom. (The bottom half inch is curled, and not truncated as it appears in the photo.) Otherwise, it's a perfect fit: the extra inch of negative ease was right on target. Other knitters have made the armhole higher - I decided to knit them the size of another tank that fits me well. Knitting it in the round has been fun and fast and will happily reduce the amount of seaming necessary. I also enjoyed watching the tank become a shapely object while working in the "darts." I will probably frog this in the end, but at least it's a fast knit.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't have to frog it! It's very cute!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...