Sunday, June 18, 2006

Fall?

After all my bleating yesterday* about being behind, I got my s___ together and started Soleil. I forgot that the yarn I chose is blue, the color for Project Spectrum this month. DUH! Here's my progress:





Of course I haven't cleaned or done laundry or anything else since I started it yesterday. I'm building in one inch of negative ease, but forgot to lengthen it as per Heather's instructions. Heather says she tries her projects on often, but I'm knitting Soleil in the round on a 29 or 30 inch circ, so there's no way I can try it on until I get to the straps. If I have to frog it won't be the first time.

I was going to make a felted M-D Buttonhole bag for Project Spectrum this month, but my felted swatch looks like a dog bed.

(*I read Erica's blog yesterday in which she writes about knitting for the fall. PANIC! I have to face the fact that I can't keep up with Project Spectrum, at least in terms of projects. I haven't made any of the summer tanks I wanted. I've swatched and washed, but haven't started them yet. Socks are stalled. Haven't touched the Habu yarn. Haven't even swatched for the corset tank or the Socks that Rock. Mermaid is progressing nicely, the body is nearly done but I discovered a dropped stitch so will have to rip back six rows or so. Seriously thinking of putting it aside for awhile to knit the summer projects. Work and life interfere too much. I really admire those of you who have finished summer tops in a week or two. How do you do it? Baby projects are the newest projects I've taken up. A work colleague is due in August and I'd like to give her a few knitted gifts, so I'm making a few things from Mason-Dixon Knitting. They are purple so maybe I will meet next month's Project Spectrum goals after all.)

3 comments:

  1. pretty :)
    Enjoyed reading your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great pattern, I can't wait to see yours completed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carzy fast knitting! Looks great so far :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...