Friday, March 14, 2008

Wolle Rodel, Frankfurt

My yarn arrived today! I mailed it to myself from Germany. For those of you looking for these posts: sorry they are late. I wanted to post pix of the yarn along the shop photos!

The first yarn shop we visited was Wolle Rodel, located downtown Frankfurt.

Wolle Rodel, Frankfurt


I wasn't completely oriented yet - we had only been there a couple of days - I didn't know exactly where we were, but I recognized YARN - it was sitting outside in bins, as you can see. Apparently they have no problem with theft.

Wolle Rodel, Frankfurt



Wolle Rodel, Frankfurt

These are felt bags in the picture above. Saw a lot them, including some really nice briefcases. I show you those later.
Wolle Rodel, Frankfurt

I don't know if Wolle Rodel is typical or not, as it was very different from the other two yarn shops we visited. Wolle Rodel carries a lot of yarn that we have here: Regia, Lana Grossa, Schoeller and Stahl, Opal, Filatura di Crosa, among others.

Wolle Rodel, Frankfurt

Frankfurt
Wolle Rodel, Frankfurt
Frankfurt
There was also a basket of ready-made socks for sale.
Wolle Model
Loved these buttons. They are about 1.5-2 inches in diameter. I bought a couple for a shrug or cardi. Would have bought more, but as I said, the exchange rate was excrutiating.
Wolle Rodel

We visited the store a couple of times. The very nice Frau Weubel waited on us and allowed me to take her picture in her beautiful Rowan creation.

Wolle Rodel, Frankfurt



My Purchases
Schoeller and Stahl Fortissima Socka for more Knitted Pearls perhaps. This is as close as I've seen to Brooklyn Handspun's Hawaii Joy.

March 14 2008 003


Lana Grossa Furetto for "Dashing" wrist warmers. Love the subtle variagation.

March 14 2008 010


and these two lonely buttons. They are about 2 inches wide.

March 14 2008 012


Should have bought this lovely skein, but I can find Mille Fili here in the States.

Wolle Rodel



Next time: Lana and Katja LeJeune.

7 comments:

  1. What a GORGEOUS shop. It's so bright & pretty & neat. Great purchases. I would've had a hard time convincing myself just how bad the dollar is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you were in Heaven,, must have been hard to leave...The last time I was in Frankfurt,I was not a knitter at all... I hope to make the trip again someday... For sure I will check this place out. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurl it is like a department store with mannequins and all..ur uh we don't have that here in the Queen City! LOL

    Can't wait to see the other 2 shops!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay - that's it... i am raiding your house :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That store looks great! It's nice that you'll be able to think of Frankfurt when you work with the yarn and then wear your creations.

    I especially like the colors of that Furetto.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wolle Rödel is like a yarn chainstore. They sell their own brand, but also carry yarn from other manufacturers in their range. Their own brand is a bit cheaper. Regarding the quality - my mom says that she still has sweaters she knitted from their yarn like 20 years ago and they are still holding well. I'm not sure how the quality is now. She made made me a wrap cardigan and the color turned from light pink to a somewhat grayish pink, but maybe it got washed with the wrong stuff. Overall I guess you get a decent quality for a good price. I have paid more money for worse yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you a lot for the nice article on our wolle roedel shop in frankfurt. A colleaque told me about your blog and of course I hope to see you again. Maybe you´ll be back in frankfurt next year?

    Best wishes from frankfurt
    K.Weubel

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...