Friday, September 09, 2011

Fashion Night Out with Le Metier de Beaute, Silk Road Kaleidoscope

I couldn't resist going to Neiman's for Fashion Night Out when I heard that Le Metier de Beaute's Lisa Lingis and Erin Lockard would be there to do makeovers.  I met Lisa when I won the Neiman Marcus' Beauty Shopping Spree in September.  She gave me a fantastic makeover and introduced me to Peau Vierge, which I've used every day since.   And I had read so many good things about Erin on the blogs that I couldn't resist making an appointment. 

Lisa cleaned my face, applied moisturizers from their new skin care line (heavenly), Peau Vierge, and finally Classic Flawless-Finish Liquid Foundation in color #10.  She applied the foundation with a kabuki brush, which gave me an airbrushed look that I have read so much about.  I was surprised at how soft the brush was - it didn't prick my skin or didn't shed - and at how evenly the foundation went on.  Then Erin did my eyes with the Silk Road Kaleidoscope.


Silk Road Kaleidoscope

1

2

3

4

Silk Road Kaleidoscope


Erin first applied Tamarack Dualistic Eye Pencil as a base, then using the 'Couche de Coleur' technique, layered one color over the other, using each of the four shadows from the top of the kaleidoscope to the bottom, then applied River Stone shadow in the crease and Revive Eyebrow and Setting Powder under the brow.  She created a winged eyeline, first using the point of a black Precision Liquid Liner to fill in the spaces between the lashes, then sketched the liner on, beginning at the outer corner of the eye, working in toward the center, finishing at the inner corner of the eye.  Erin is also a great teacher:  that was a new technique for me, which I will use from now on.  She then added purple Anamorphic Lash Mascara, and Brow Bound Eyebrow Pencil in Sequoia.


Silk Road Kaleidoscope

The photos don't do justice to the beautiful satiny finish of these layered shadows.  The colors don't become muddied as you layer them.  Rather, on my skin tone, they become a gleaming copper with tinges of gold and purple.

Erin finished with Classic Flawless Finish Concealer SPF 18 in shade 11 under my eyes, Radiance Powder Rouge in Rumor, and lip gloss from the Fall/Winter Kaleidoscope Lip Kit

I was so pleased with the look Erin gave me!  The look was subtle and sophisticated.  The winged eyeliner gave it even more interest.  The black eyeliner may be a little much for the office, but I can totally see wearing brown winged liner for professional day look.  Lisa created a cheat sheet for me, so that I can recreate the look later. 


IMG_0767

I bought the Kaleidoscope, Rumor blush, and concealer.   I'll probably buy the kabuki brush later.   I own one but it sheds when used to apply foundation.  Ugh!  I think I spent 5 minutes picking bristles off my face this morning when I used it.

I have to add that it was a treat to be made over by two really nice, engaging women.  They have such positive energy, which lightened and brightened my day.  There are photos of Erin and Lisa at Best Things in Beauty, with Lisa Corsina, the Le Métier de Beauté representative at Neiman Marcus Tysons, who's sweety too.

If you live in the Washington, DC Metro Area, Erin will be at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie Saturday, September 10th for the NM Fall Beauty Event.

2 comments:

  1. Super!
    Thank you for reminding me that it's time to check out new hues for the fall make up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have fun shopping for the new hues, Madam Butterfly! There are lots of pretty fall collections. Let me know what you get.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...