Saturday, September 24, 2011

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup

Image from Chanel.com

Chanel has introduced a new foundation formula, and at the same time, finally expanded its color range!  It has been a long time coming.  According to the website this is foundation is

"effortless to apply, with seamless blendability for a naturally flawless effect, this breakthrough foundation is the ideal all-day, everyday formula – suitable for all skin types in a diverse range of 20 shades."

The product insert adds,

"A perfect complexion requires controlled light.  This is why the CHANEL Laboratories have developed the patented CHANEL Perfect Light Control complex.  This combination of  two hemispherical powders (one transparent and one coated with mineral ceramic pigments), perfectly corrects all imperfections while bringing gorgeous radiance to the face.  The skin is smooth and luminous and the complexion even."

I was pleased with the color, finish and performance.  The coverage is good, it evened out my complexion as promised, and dried to a natural, slightly dewy look.  It did not break me out (though I don't tend to break out anyway).  I forgot to wear it for 15 hours (oops!), but it lasted for 11 without any sign of fading. Choosing a color was a little difficult:   There were two colors that blended in well where applied on my jaw, but looked quite different when applied to my entire face.  While both looked good, one color lived up the promise of luminosity better than the other.  So if you can, test a few colors on your entire face.

Samples, full-size bottle in the background.


Pump bottle.


Here a few swatches of the darker colors.  My local Nordstrom had all of them except #54 and 114).


The Perfection Lumiere line also includes a range of pressed powders and correctors, which weren't available at my Nordies yet, but are on the Chanel website.  I'm eager to try those.

Perfection Lumiere Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup probably won't replace my favorite Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in the summer time when I need a water-resistant product, but will become my second favorite along with Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless-Finish Liquid Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...