Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet La Raffinee and Glossimer Paillettes

I use Chanel D'Ombre Emerveille as a base and highlighter with the new Chanel Raffinement eye shadow quad, which warms up the look a bit.  The few pinks in my lipstick and gloss collections are on the cool side so I needed new colors to go with my new eyeshadow look. One of my favorite Chanel makeup artists, Mikhal, coaxed me into trying two products in colors outside of my comfort range, Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet La Raffinee and Glossimer Paillettes.

La Raffinee, like the Raffinement quad, is rather unremarkable just too look at it. It's a kind dirty candy pink, with no hint of mauve.  It's no wonder I never bought it.  But it looks great applied. 

 
La Raffinee and Paillettes
 
 
 

La Raffinee and Paillettes V
 
 
 The Glossimer Paillettes is also a warm pink and pretty when worn alone.  La Raffiinee becomes brighter with Paillettes applied over it.   
 
 
La Raffinee and Paillettes VI
 
La Raffinee, Paillettes glossed over La Raffine, Paillettes
 
Mikhal lined my lips with a medium brown pencil first, applied La Raffinee, then dotted Paillettes in the center and spread toward the edges fading just before reaching the lined edges.  The darker liner just prevents me from looking like my lips are walking in the room first.  I use Rock and Republic blush Bedroom, also a muted pink, to finish the look.  (Don't you wish they'd bring Rock and Republic back?)

3 comments:

  1. The color does look lovely when applied..I didn't think it would looks good..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely blog..have been catching up on older posts all evening :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Radhika! I have enjoyed your blog too! Your photos are great and I appreciate your descriptive and honest commentary. You should check out these lippies - they would suit your complexion.

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...