Sunday, July 09, 2006

Signed up for StitchDC's Shapely Tank class. I'm going to use the pale olive silk that I bought at School Products in New York. Here's the swatch:



The gauge is perfect. Too bad I'm using shitty Susan Bates circs, but they are the only US 6s I have. I'm afraid the rough joins will damage the yarn. I may buy KnitPicks new circs that everyone's talking about and switch mid-project. Hope that won't mess up the gauge. Any comments about changing needles mid-project?

In the meantime, I'm knitting a baby kimono, burp cloth, and bib from Mason-Dixon Knitting for a colleague. Pictures will follow. The baby is due in September. I'm pleased that I will have finished knitted gifts before the baby is born, for once.

I'm thinking about about buying this unit for yarn storage from Grandin Road.


It's black, and most of my furniture is cherry, but I may buy a section or two anyway.

Thank you all for your kind comments about Soleil!

4 comments:

  1. The yarn for the new tank project is beautiful. I like the yarn organizer idea. Mixing that color with the cherry would probably look really nice. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try that yarn store in NYC one day while I am visitng! Yes it would like nice with cherry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same unit from Grandin Road. See my blog post about it here:
    http://knitsanityblog.blogspot.com/2006/04/flash-your-stash.html

    The good news: Now that it's up and together, it works great as a yarn organizer, and I really like it.

    The bad news: It was expensive. The quality is poor. I had to send two units back (twice).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try that link again.
    It ends in flash-your-stash.html

    http://knitsanityblog.blogspot.com/2006/04/flash-your-stash.html

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...