Monday, August 30, 2010

Jouer

For those of you wondering, I've been interested in makeup since I was a teenager. I used to do my girlfriends' makeup. At the time I was mostly interested in eyeshadow; I still am though my interest has expanded since then to a full range of products, from inexpensive to high end. I got into high end because drugstore brands at the time were not highly pigmented, causing them to be ashy when applied to darker skin. I was reminded of this when I couldn't resist buying one of those 120 eyeshadow palettes at a Ross in El Paso this summer. It cost like $8, so how could I resist???  Anyway, though the colors looked rich in the pan, almost every color looks like metallic silver on me. The palette didn't travel well either - several of them had crumbled into quite a mess by the time I go them home. Luckily, drugstore brands - of all kinds of makeup - have significantly improved since I won't tell you when. I was encouraged to see the wide range of foundation colors at CVS a few weeks ago, and the big high end names have a much wider range of colors than they used to.

I don't always use foundation, but I sometimes wear it if I want a more polished look. One of my Oprah discount purchases was Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint.

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint



It's oil-free and SPF 20.  Unfortunately they don't have a wide range of colors, but their darkest, Dark Bronze worked for me. The moisturizer is a little heavier than the Bobbi Brown and the now defunct Prada tinted moisturizers I've tried, and hides flaws and slight discoloration better. The finish is perfect: not too dry, not too moist, and it really illuminates.


Jouer

Jouer


Jouer sent samples, including the small travel size of the color I bought, which are available in sets of four.  I'll be buying more. They also sent a sample of a lighter color what doesn't quite work for me, but I will try to blend it with a slightly darker foundation to make the perfect color. I'd like to try their other products. Jouer's not sold here in DC, but I feel that got so lucky choosing a foundation color, that I'll risk ordering some of their other products.

2 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...