Sunday, August 01, 2010

Thank you, Oprah!

I got a new Dell laptop and printer, and wireless mouse at 30 percent off via one of O magazine's deals of the day.  I know Dell frequently runs sales, but this offer came in the nick of time.  I needed a new laptop - my old one is at least six years old, ancient by techie standards.  It is impossibly slow and starting to freeze, so it was about time.  My old printer had quit printing.  O's August issue is full of deals and discounts on cosmetics, home goods, clothes, and lots of other stuff.  (But no yarn!)  It's worth checking out if you haven't already.  The offers are good until August 13th, I believe.

One of the deals is at Beauty Habit for 25% off, code word at check out is OPRAH.  I got to try out some products I can't find in DC.  There are other makeup deals too, too many to name here.  I haven't been reading knitting blogs much lately, but I have been reading makeup blogs.  I'm a makeup addict as much as I am a yarn addict.  I can't resist it - from inexpensive to high end.  I will sell some of it periodically, if I can bear to part with it!  I'm running out - have run out - of room for yarn and makeup (Deb, Debbie, and Olga - don't y'all dare laugh!)  But I'm looking forward to the new Giorgio Armani Fall 2010 collection.  Check it out at Beauty Anonymous.  Armani's a little late with the blue nail polish, but I'm glad to see he hasn't given up on polishes in general.  It's one of the best formulas around.

ETA:  Chanel is offering complementary standard shipping on their products until August 8, 11:59pm EST.

Any other makeup addicts out there?

2 comments:

  1. Books. Yarn. Cosmetics. That's how I spend my money :-) Lately, I've been blogging more about make-up and books (in addition to knitting of course) and have found one make-up blogger that I really like -- LIsa Eldridge; she's linked in my blog sidebar. She has great videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my peach cobbler! It was great hearing from you! Well...I use to be a make-up addict, but have finally settled with mineral make-up by Laura Geller. Have fun with it all.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...