Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dior Vernis 908 Tuxedo

I was excited when I saw this polish at Nordstrom, thinking that was probably a slightly lighter shade of navy than Chanel's Blue Satin, and it was!  Unlike Blue Satin, which looks black on the nail unless you look at it in direct sun, Tuxedo looks blue under any light, but a deep, shimmery, elegant blue.
IMG_0585


IMG_0600

Dior Vernis 908 Tuxedo

Dior polishes now have flat brush that covers a wide area of the nail plate with one swipe, but the formula is so thick that it dries quickly on the brush, making the polish thick and gloppy while applying. 
IMG_0608
That annoyance aside, I like the color so much that I will wear it anyway.  I used a Chanel base coat, two coats of Tuxedo, and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, so I didn't have to wait long for the thick formula to dry.  Tuxedo lasted a week with minimum wear on the tips, and no chips.  If the polish become too thick in the bottle, I will try mixing it with some Seche Vite thinner.
As usual, there are other polishes similar in color.  Cafe Makeup has some comparison here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...