Saturday, December 29, 2007

Knit – R – Done tagged me for a Seven Random Facts about Me meme several weeks ago. Here the rules:

RULES:

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.

3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here goes:

1. I’m a procrastinator! It took me weeks to get started on this meme.

2. I used to be a fine arts major. Knitting has taken the place of painting.

3. I seriously wish I had a personal assistant and a cook. Guess I've been watching too much Kimora in the Fab Lane!

4. I’m a Beatle freak. I remember their Ed Sullivan debut. I was so crazy about them my parents agreed to go to Sunday school late that night so that I could see them. Their music is still “happy music” for me. I have most of their albums still, had all the 8-tracks, then all the CDs. Now I have everything on the iPod. (Wow, I just dated myself!)

5. I’m a news junkie. I love me some Hard Ball.

6. Mom made my clothes from my birth until I moved away to go to graduate school. She is a professional seamstress and spoiled me for all manner of clothes from playthings to professional suits: deep hems, finished seams with wide allowances, linings in most things, and best of all, clothes perfectly tailored for all of my preferences, tastes, and physical idiosyncrasies. Mom taught me how to sew but I hated it. HATED. IT. Random fact #6 - This may bring me back:

Vogue 8430


It’s made of felt, which means minimal sewing, I hope. The edges are raw, not stitched or any other way hemmed. That is in antithesis to the tailoring Mom used to do for me, but this is me sewing, OK? The cutting would have to be perfectly straight, but a straight edge and one of those cutter wheel thingies Martha Stewart touts should work, don’t you think?

Mom has most of the latest Vogue Patterns at home. I’ve discovered a slew of articles applicable to knit design and sizing. I didn’t know they were online! DUH! Well, of course they are! Isn’t everyone and everything? I didn’t know you could look at and order patterns online! I didn’t know some of y’all order fabric online! Lord, another reason to live in cyberspace. Didn’t I have enough reasons? BTW, Mom knits too, and knits well, but she hates it. HATES. IT.

7. I have an aunt and uncle younger than I am.

I’m tagging the following seven: Olga, Nancy, Digital Leaf, Barb (where you been???), Francesca, Stacey, and Janet.



I know some of you are busy with the upcoming TNNA and other stuff, so please don’t feel obligated to participate if you don’t want to.

8 comments:

  1. You can buy download patterns here:
    http://fitzpatterns.myshopify.com
    I especially like this dress: http://fitzpatterns.myshopify.com/products/0505-fabienne-shirtdress-sewing-pattern
    The sizing strikes me as weird though. Even when you subtract the ease the smallest size is still too big for me. And this is I think a bit like Ravelry for sewers? http://www.burdastyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you were to wear handmade garments--wow! I bet your clothes were just gorgeous (I know they still are). One of these days, I'm going to buy a sewing machine. Maybe in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning more about you!

    I didn't know you sew and paint!!
    But I am not surprised!

    Thanks for the no pressure clause - and this is why you are my GURL!!! :oD

    Happy New Year Ava! Many blessings to you in 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ava,
    I am really bad with memes and I may never get around doing it myself, but i was fun to read your seven things. :)

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am a news junkie although for the past 7 years, i've been cured of the mainstream stuff and now i get my fix from the internets and jon stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the felted jacket. That could inspire me to dust off my machine. I have two - but I only use them for sewing up my woven goods. You could knit that jacket.

    You have tagged me? OK - I'll play along - but one thing many people know about me is that I also am a procrastinator. Loved your list of 7, though not very surprised - they all seem to fit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here! Love to learning about you! I alwasy dool over Habu yarn to knit a jacket out of it...

    Another thing, check out my knitting blog too! See what you think!Comment me also!

    Thanks!
    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow. You own personal tailor? How very cool is that! My mom sewed for me alot, too, when I was little. It's a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...