Knit – R – Done tagged me for a Seven Random Facts about Me meme several weeks ago. Here the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I’m a procrastinator! It took me weeks to get started on this meme.
2. I used to be a fine arts major. Knitting has taken the place of painting.
3. I seriously wish I had a personal assistant and a cook. Guess I've been watching too much Kimora in the Fab Lane!
4. I’m a Beatle freak. I remember their Ed Sullivan debut. I was so crazy about them my parents agreed to go to Sunday school late that night so that I could see them. Their music is still “happy music” for me. I have most of their albums still, had all the 8-tracks, then all the CDs. Now I have everything on the iPod. (Wow, I just dated myself!)
5. I’m a news junkie. I love me some Hard Ball.
6. Mom made my clothes from my birth until I moved away to go to graduate school. She is a professional seamstress and spoiled me for all manner of clothes from playthings to professional suits: deep hems, finished seams with wide allowances, linings in most things, and best of all, clothes perfectly tailored for all of my preferences, tastes, and physical idiosyncrasies. Mom taught me how to sew but I hated it. HATED. IT. Random fact #6 - This may bring me back:
It’s made of felt, which means minimal sewing, I hope. The edges are raw, not stitched or any other way hemmed. That is in antithesis to the tailoring Mom used to do for me, but this is me sewing, OK? The cutting would have to be perfectly straight, but a straight edge and one of those cutter wheel thingies Martha Stewart touts should work, don’t you think?
Mom has most of the latest Vogue Patterns at home. I’ve discovered a slew of articles applicable to knit design and sizing. I didn’t know they were online! DUH! Well, of course they are! Isn’t everyone and everything? I didn’t know you could look at and order patterns online! I didn’t know some of y’all order fabric online! Lord, another reason to live in cyberspace. Didn’t I have enough reasons? BTW, Mom knits too, and knits well, but she hates it. HATES. IT.
7. I have an aunt and uncle younger than I am.
I’m tagging the following seven: Olga, Nancy, Digital Leaf, Barb (where you been???), Francesca, Stacey, and Janet.
I know some of you are busy with the upcoming TNNA and other stuff, so please don’t feel obligated to participate if you don’t want to.