Wednesday, July 02, 2014

My Hiatus



Are you all still there?  I injured my back in January. Between the pain and the meds, I didn't have the wherewithal to blog and was too fuzzy-minded to put up a post saying what had happened.  Soon six months were gone. I apologize for simply disappearing.   I've been in physical therapy for a while now, so I can stand and angle myself into positions to take photos again. The frequency of my posts will be scaled back for a while, but I think I"m back.

Instagramming has been easier, faster and dirtier than blogging: I don't have to compose much text, and the platform is more forgiving of photo quality.  You can follow my makeup (and food and knitting) posts @avaruth.

I got a bit of a makeup jump start last Thursday. Had to go to Manhattan for work and dropped into Saks where I ran into the  Armani dream team, Tim, Rhona, and Blair. I couldn't believe it because I've been trying to catch up with Rhona forever! So I felt like the stars had aligned just for me to run into them. They all kept me entertained (Tim kept me in stitches!) and Rhona gave me a lovely makeover. None of the new CC creams worked for me, but I learned some new techniques using some of their older products. I bought lip gloss, lip stick, a lip liner, and one of the fluid sheers, which I had not known how to use properly. I also picked up some Surratt at Barneys. Small, but lovely line.

I'll leave you with a photo of the lippies I've been using the most this summer.


image


I'll be back!

6 comments:

  1. HI Ava! So excited to hear that you are back! I'm looking forward to more of your knitting and more of your beauty posts (plus whatever else you will want to write about).
    That's a beautiful selection of lip products in there. I would love to hear about your take especially on the MAKE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support, Belly! I intended to bring the Make lipstick with me to my family reunion but left it on my dining room table, damn it, so will have to leave a full review for later. I can't say that it outperforms any others I've used, the casing is a little flimsy, but the color pictured is unique - an interesting coral that is a perfect balance of red and orange. Think that's what I like about the line, they have a few unique pieces. I'm jealous that you're so close to Barneys!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back!!!! I am a lurker, and I really like your honesty in your writing style. Keep up the new postings as much as you feel you can. Here's hoping your back is truly healing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you're still here! Hope to be back in posting shape soon!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I wondered what happened. I did miss your posts. I am sorry to hear you were under the weather, but glad to hear that you are on the mend now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anonymous, and thanks for sticking around!

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...