Sunday, August 05, 2012

July Favorites

This summer has been far busier than I ever imagined it could be so I've relied on some old favorites with a couple of new additions.


Le Metier de Beaute "Echo" blush:  This is my second compact.  I've hardly used any other since I got the first last year (or year before last).  It's a lovely pink color with a golden shimmer that looks beautiful on a wide range of complexions. 

Le Metier de Beaute "Tamarack" Eye Pencil:  lining my eyes is faster than applying eyeshadow.  Tamarack is great for my NC 45 skin tone as it blends easily and just keeps my eyes from looking bare.

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint:  As I've said before it's perfect for humid summers in Washington.  It’s oil-free, fragrance-free, buildable, and water resistant.  Reviewed here.

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Stretch Mascara:  I love the way this mascara adds natural looking length.  It doesn't add the volume that I need so I use it as a second coat over the regular Eyes to Kill.

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet "La Sensuelle:"  What an incredibly under-rated lipstick.  Though widely described as a matte lipstick, it has a bit of shine, giving the lips a moist look.  This color in particular has become a staple in my makeup collection.

Claudio Riaz Eye and Face Conceal 9:  This a pricey concealer at $58 for .01oz., but since finding a good color match in general, and a concealer that doesn't go on ashy in particular, are critical, I caved on this one.  This is perfect color for me this summer.  There's one shade darker.  It's a bit thick and opaque so a little bit completely covers.  I got mine at Barneys in San Francisco. 

Claudio Riaz Complexion Highlighter 2:  The Barneys SA applied this over the Eye and Face Conceal.  It looks glittery in the container, but it just brightened the area under my eyes.  It's a nice look!

What were your summer faves?

Edited for grammar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...