Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Zelens PHA+Bio-Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads

I had the pleasure of getting a makeover from Space NK founder Nicky Kinnaird last Saturday at the Tysons Corner store inside Bloomingdales (see my Space NK post here).  Under Ms. Kinnaird's direction, sales assistant Rebecca Rahmani gave me a nice neutral look:  taupe eyes and red lips. simple but very well done.  I bought a few things, including a by Terry lipstick and lipliner, Cate and Austin sunscreen, a bottle of deep purple Jin Soon nail polish, and Zelens PHA+Bio-Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads.

While preparing my skin for the makeup application, Ms. Kinnaird noticed hyperpigmentation across my forehead.  I notice it every morning too, but have just ignored it even though it looks grayish under my foundation.  Ms. Kinnaird recommended Zelens PHA+Bio-Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads ($95 for 50 pads), a chemical exfoliant.  It worked like a charm - the dark patch was gone within a couple of days as well as the horizon crease across the middle of my forehead!  I look at it a few times a day just to make sure and yes, the dark patch and crease are really gone.  This product is definitely a keeper.



According the Space NK site:
Zelens PHA+ Bio-Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads contains a unique formula combining polyhydroxy acids (PHA) with alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) and beta hydroxy acids (BHA). Pre-soaked resurfacing facial pads are infused with four different acids: polyhydroxy acids , lactic acid, citric acid and salicylic acid.
Significant advantage of PHA is the fact that their large molecular size allows slower (gentle) topical penetration. Thus, this acid can be used for the exfoliation of sensitive skin without side effects. Furthermore, this acid has strong humectant properties and it binds atmospheric water to form a a natural gel-film that gives hydration, plumpness and smoothness to the skin.

Ingredients:  Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat., Propylene Glycol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Salicylic Acid, Lactobionic Acid, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Perfum (Fragrance), Disodium EDTA, Linalool.




Usage: daily, morning and/or evening after cleansing. Gently wipe one pad over face and neck avoiding the eye area. Follow with moisturizer. Ms. Kinnaird wiped the back of my hands as well. Good idea.  Each pad is about 2 inches in diameter and contains enough product to cover the entire face and neck.  I can't imagine that I'll need to use this product daily, especially now that the dark patch is gone, but I'll use a couple times a week as I would any exfoliant.  You can order yours from Space NK online or call Rebecca at Space NK Tysons Corner, 703.556.4569.

Updated 10/10/12 to enter Rebecca's correct phone number at Space NK, Tyson's Corner:  703.556.4569.

 

2 comments:

  1. Just bought these yesterday! I can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they work as well for you as they do for me, Nisha!

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...