Saturday, March 11, 2006

Almost Finished Object

I do have a project almost ready for spring. So what if I started it last summer? It's "Flame," from Rowan Knitting Magazine, Number 31, made with Rowan Linen Drape. The yarn's lack of elasticity took some getting to used to knitting, but I did, and it will be wonderful to wear on hot, humid days. I just have to block and sew it up. Not my favorite things to do, but I apply Flylady's 15 minute rule: spend 15 minutes doing something I'm not wild about, then I can knit whatever I please. (Please excuse my photos and placement - I'm a novice blogger with a pretty basic camera and I have a lot to learn. Any and all advice welcome!)








































Then there's the ubiquitous sock project:
















I don't like the colorway anymore, so it may become a 15 minute project.

I bought a beautiful full white skirt with black embroidered flowers and a smattering of sequins for which I'd like to crochet a shrug and bobble necklace out of Filatura di Crosa Zara. Yes, that pushes back the Elann skirt even further! I draw inspiration for Amelia Raitte, whose productivity - and knitting and designing talent - impress me enormously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...