Sunday, March 19, 2006

Mermaid Swatch

I was accepted into to the Hanne Falkenberg Knitalong! Yea! I'm making the Mermaid cardigan in colorway 7, the one pictured on the HF KAL button on the sidebar. It's going to be wonderful having company while working on it. Here's the unblocked swatch of the Hanne Falkenberg Mermaid cardigan. The gauge is spot on. It knit up pretty quickly on 3mm DPNs. I will use 3mm circs to knit the sweater so I will have to double check the gauge.



















I bought the 3mm circs today at Knit Happens. They were having an anniversary sale this weekend and I couldn't resist these:















I'll use the Koigu for socks (yes, another pair!) and the Noro for a clutch handbag I'm designing. The latter is strictly a design-as-I-go, based on a handbag that Sarah Jessica Parker had during an interview with Isaac Mizrahi. There was never a close shot of the bag, so I'm knitting it up as I imagine it is structured.

Then I bought seven skeins of Filatura di Crosa Zara in black to make a shrug and bobble necklace for that black and white skirt. Got a decent price on them tonight on eBay. I already have too many WIPs to count, so what's another one? I figure I can knit the socks during my commute and I'll figure a way to squeeze in the shrug. It's made up of crochet squares so I can whip a square or two when I need a break from Mermaid.

A fellow commuter showed up at Knit Happens just as I was leaving. I was delighted to learn that she's knitter too. She's resuming knitting again after several years hiatus.

Off to bed! Though tomorrow is the first day of spring, it's going to cold here - snow or icy rain forecast for Tuesday.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...