Sunday, March 26, 2006

Progress

Mermaid:
I finished the i-cord as instructed but found it tedious (and blinding) to pick up the stitches to begin the body. So I'm going to use Holly's technique in which she used the i-cord bind off after she knit the body. I learned a new technique in the process, the provisional cast on. Knitting at Noon has a great video showing one version. It took a while to develop some speed, and there may be easier ways to cast on provisionally, but I'm eager to get Mermaid underway. (Addendum: Eunny has beautifully photographed and annotated this and other cast ons on her blog. It's a must see. The entry is entitled "Casting On for Lace," but these methods can be used for other kinds of knitting projects too.)

Koigu Socks:
I couldn't resist winding one of the hanks Friday night and beginning the cuff. I have a meeting to attend Monday morning at which I may be able to knit a few rows. Mermaid and instructions are too cumbersome to cart around.





Blogging:
Thanks to Maeve at Knitting Musings, I got the code for the progress bars I added to the site yesterday. Need to add a calendar and figure out how to add left sidebar next.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there. Thanks for the comment on my blog. The calendar that I'm using is actually just html code. If you want a copy of it to put in your template, I'd be more than willing to email it to you. It's not auto-updating, so you have to shift it around everymonth, and put in your hyperlinks as you make posts, etc. But I like it. :-)

    I like what you've done with your blog, and look forward to reading as you come along. I've been so swamped with work (and my camera's been dead) that I haven't posted much lately. Bad me. *hangs head*

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry - should probably tell you:

    Once you click on the link, go to your command bar at the top of your browser and choose View > Source and you will see the html code that was used.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...