Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chanel SOHO Collection, "Stunning" Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Color

I think I've finally found "my" pink lipstick.  Though I like the ones I have, I still found myself looking for one that I liked just a little better.  This one, Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Color in Stunning, from the limited edition Chanel SOHO Collection, is the best one so far. 

Chanel SOHO Collection, Stunning
Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Color in Stunning

Chanel makes similar shades, but I think the secret to Stunning, for me at least, is that it has a hint of brown, which makes the color blend in with my complexion, rather than creating a sharp contrast the way many of the others do.

Chanel SOHO Collection, Stunning


If I want to deepen the color even more, I fill in my lips first with a brown lip liner.  Stunning was sold out at the newly re-opened SOHO store, and on the Chanel site for many weeks, but I asked the store staff to call if they got a new shipment, which they did for the SOHO gloss "Stunt," and I kept checking the site, and finally scored one.  I hope Chanel will decide to make this collection permanent, especially the lipstick and lipgloss, since these colors make great basics.

I discovered makeup artist Lisa Eldridge's website a few months ago and have really learned a lot from her videos.  My latest favorites cover make-up removal  and creating a look with dark lipstick.  I found that some dark lipsticks made me look ghoulish, but she provided a solution for that.  I know - you're probably saying, "don't use them!"  But I wanted to adapt the look for myself and learned how from her video.  She's also done videos showing how to create other looks, on makeup brushes, and skincare. I also really appreciate that she includes tips for women of color.

By the way, Urban Decay goes on sale Monday at Hautelook; here's an invitation.   Be sure to get there early.  Some products sold out in minutes the last time.  Rescue Beauty Lounge is having its annual 5-hour 50% off sale November 1 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST. And Clarins is on sale at Gilt Groupe until midnight, November 1st  - here's an invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...