Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ukrainian Plate, Project Spectrum

Ukrainian Plate, Project Spectrum.
I've completed the first of 24 squares for the Filatura di Crosa Shrug. I'm using Filatura di Crosa Zara in black. The yarn is wonderfully soft, but splits easily. Despite not having crocheted for years, I'm developing a rhythm including how to handle the hook in a way that avoids splitting the yarn. However, I've discovered that my gauge is way off. Judy, who does beautiful crochet, has kindly advised me to try a larger hook. I crochet as tightly as I knit, so I will try loosening my "hand" a bit too.
I aim to complete a square a day, and resume work on Mermaid after finishing the Cirque du Socks (I'm closing in the finish line, working the rib on the tops of the latter). Got a "sock bug" though, and I'm hankering (no pun intended!) to use the new sock yarn I've gotten lately: Cirque, from Sundara, Hawaii Joy from Brooklyn Handspun, and Regia Cotton Tip Top. I suppose there will always be a "sock in progress."

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...