Sunday, April 06, 2008

Habu Paper and Cashmere Spring Shawl

I've been obsessing over this shawl for a few years now. I think I visited the Habu site at least once a week to admire it. I discovered too late that Habu discontinued the cashmere in the color I wanted. It can be made with Geelong lambswool, but only the cashmere came in the screaming neon lime/yellow that I wanted. I was crestfallen. I found it on sale at Purlsoho, luckily. I hope I have enough.

Habu Paper and Cashmere Spring Shawl

The shawl consists of alternating panels: one knit with one strand of A-60 shosenshi paper knit together with one strand of cashmere in straight stockinette, the other panel is three strands of cashmere knit into a leaf design. The panels are knit together using a 3-needle bind off and one strand of cashmere with beads strung on. Should be interesting. I bought the beads for it yesterday at Bead Obsessions in Old Town Alexandria.

Habu Paper and Cashmere Spring Shawl

It should be a fairly simple knit except the leaf and stockinette panels require different needle sizes and it took a while for me to get gauge and for each piece to be of equal length. This is supposed to be the project I turn to when I’m in “process knitting” mode - which is fairly often, instead of dishcloths, since I have no more room for the latter! Stay tuned.

'

Salvatore Restaurant, Frankfurt

6 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic shawl; I am glad you found the cashmere at Purl Soho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, it's going to be so gorgeous. And the coffee drink looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that is going to be pretty!
    Can't wait to see if all finished! Score on getting the yarn color you wanted AND on sale!

    You and those lovely drinks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing this shawl, I do understand your obsession with it. It's a beauty. Can't wait to see to see the completed project. Hey ! Is that a frapp I see with a chocolate heart ? Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You started it!!!!! I'm jealous. I'm still in the drooling stage for this one. Didn't realize beads were involved. Wow.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...